Felco bedding conveyors help you put more pipe in the ground than any other method. Tight spots require innovative thinking and filling this bedding conveyor from the rear and moving the materials under your unit saves you time, money, and provides an overall safer operation.
With the Felco Bedding Conveyor, you can control when, where and how much bedding material is placed in the trench while bedding pipe.
HOW DOES OUR BEDDING CONVEYOR SAVE YOU TIME & MONEY?
- Use only the amount of bedding material you need. The hopper contains all your bedding material, which means no material is wasted on the ground.
- Reduce machine swing cycle time by almost 75%. The material is held in the hopper and transferred via conveyor belt under the car body to your waiting bucket, to be placed and used as needed.
- Eliminate the need for flaggers and road closures. Only a single lane is necessary because the material is loaded into the hopper located directly behind the excavator.
The Felco bedding conveyor can deliver 1 cycle of bedding material every 7-10 seconds.
FELCO BEDDING CONVEYORS – SAFETY FIRST
Controls the conveyor from the cab, with a direct line of sight into the trench and on either side.
And don’t forget—filling the hopper with the material, rather than dumping from the trench side, keeps a loader away from the trench edge. That means less opportunity for accidents.
Conveyor Mounting Basics
Felco’s bedding conveyor consists of five parts: the main frame, the nose section, the power unit assembly, the excavator-mounted hydraulics, and the hopper. The conveyor is usually mounted with the hopper on the idler end of the undercarriage so digging can take place over the sprocket end. This position is approved by all excavator manufacturers. The conveyor pins to mounting ears that are welded to the excavator’s car body. Because the conveyor is attached to the car body, special considerations are given to hydraulic supply, electrical supply, and 360-degree rotation of the upper house. The track-drive hydraulic circuit powers the conveyor, and is controlled by the operator in the cab. Finally, controls are installed in the cab.
We can install these for you or we will arrange for an installation technician to supervise your installation as well as train operators on the proper use and operation of the bedding conveyor.
Material & Equipment
- Lifting devices to position conveyor and hold it in place
- Blocking material or jacks to hold conveyor in position under the car body for welding the mounting eyes.
- Bedding material (approximately 4 yards) to test conveyor operation and make adjustments.
Labor (approx. 40-60 man hours)
- Competent welder: must be equipped with a welding machine and acetylene torch with supplies.
- Mechanic: Must be equipped with tools to work the hydraulics, electrical, and mechanical systems and learn the conveyor operation.